Posted Dec 19, 2014
We Love Our Coaches!!
If you love girls softball as much as we do then please consider coaching a team. Every year we have several teams that would not be able to play without the generosity and committment of people like you.
Here are the initial requirements to coach a USA Softball team:
- Coach Registration - sign up through our website so we have your contact information. Link is on the Home page.
- Background check - For the National background check and the ACE testing please go to www.RegisterUSASoftball.com. You will need to create a profile on this site so make sure you keep your log-in information. The 2020 fee is $10 or can be bundled with the ACE certification.
- ACE Certification - Once the background check is confirmed, then log back into your account on www.registerusasoftball.com and take the ACE certificate test. This takes about 45 minutes and includes watching instructional videos and answering simple questions. Cost is $25 for level 1 and $20 for Level 2. Incudes the background check. (This is an annual requirement so take it early in the year. Not needed for fall ball)
- Safe Sport Education- SafeSport Click Here to Start Now
Beginning in the 2018 season, all ACE coaches must first take the U.S. Center for SafeSport's SafeSport courses prior to starting ACE. The SafeSport training is composed of 3 individual lessons; all lessons must be completed in full before you are considered SafeSport trained. If you would like to know more about the U.S. Center for SafeSport's SafeSport initiative, please click hereSafeSport is provided FREE to all members of USA Softball.
- Concussion Certificate - http://www.cdc.gov/concussion/HeadsUp/youth.html Free course. Please remember to fill in your name on the certificate that pops up and print it.
- Cardiac Arrest Certificate -https://nfhslearn.com/courses/sudden-cardiac-arrest complete the free course and print the certificate at the end of the course.
- Registering a team with USA Softball. If you participate in VGSA spring league then the player fee includes the cost for the standard USA Softball cards (without photos). However, you will still need to set-up your team in the USA Softball system. Please follow the instructions on this document. You will need to first complete your background check before you will be allowed to set up your team.
After you recieved all these documents, please upload a copy to this Google Form or forward to your league coordinator so they can keep on file at VGSA.Your league coordinator will also be very helpful in helping you secure equipment, players and finding other teams that will mentor you as you begin this amazing journey of coaching girls fastpitch.
ONE COACH FROM EACH TEAM NEEDS TO BE ACE CERTIFIED. In addition, All Adults working with teams need to be Background and Safe Sport Cleared for the 2020 season. That means All assistant coaches and anyone who will be in the dugout must register, complete background check and do safe sports, concussion and cardiac arrest certification.
Field Prep Instructions
Phase 2 - Practice Guidelines.pdf
Cardiac Arrest Fact Sheet
Parents role in sports (free course)
NFHS Coaching Softball Course ($50 for series of 7 courses)